Looking for effective language training? Ask your language provider
Return on Expectations (ROE)
When it comes to language training courses, it’s best to contact a language provider that has the know-how in-house, and can perfectly adapt to meet your needs. But we don’t just stop there at ElaN Learning. We can guarantee a maximum return from language training using our training concept ‘Return On Expectations’ (ROE).
This specifically involves the following methods:
Prior to training
ElaN Learning helps companies to identify their language needs and specific objectives. We use examples of targeted questions and specific situations that are of immediate relevance to the trainee(s) to do this.
ElaN Learning then starts the training based on a needs analysis and a screening interview. This allows us to assess existing language skills and the relevant language requirements.
During the training
All parties (managers, the Learning & Development department, and colleagues) maintain contact with ElaN Learning to stay up-to-date. These provide the appropriate framework to ensure that the trainee gets the most out of the training. We specifically do this by:
- Demonstrating involvement, by observation and acknowledgement of the trainee(s). The parties involved investigate whether the trainee effectively starts to use newly acquired language skills more frequently.
- ElaN Learning provides the appropriate tools in consultation with the trainee. This could be through supporting study material, such as a summary of key sentences used by the trainee in their work.
- The ElaN coach and trainee periodically evaluate each other. This input can be used to adapt the lessons, if required.
- Learning on the job: together with the company, we look at the opportunities to use the language in and around the workplace: regular discussions with colleagues in the target language, lunch with colleagues who speak another language, etc.
After the training
The trainee must continue to keep in touch with the language, even after the training.
- Continued learning on the job: giving the trainee the opportunity to apply what has been learned and to continue developing.
- After the training, ElaN Learning sends seven ‘follow-up’ emails, full of tips & tricks aimed at helping the student maintain his/her new language skills.
Evaluation and result assessments
- Once the training has been completed, ElaN Learning will assess the trainee’s satisfaction with the training course and skills acquired.
- After a few months, ElaN Learning will also provide a tangible result to the manager by carrying out a final evaluation. This could involve checking whether the trainee will try speaking French on the phone, or whether a sales person can conduct a fluent sales discussion in English, or other alternatives.
Curious about our training approach?
Then get in touch with our Business Development Director Cathy De Ceuster. She will let you in on all the details for the ROE and draft a proposal tailored to your company’s individual needs and budget.
Tel: +32 (0)468 28 14 16
More blog posts